UDIA NATIONAL POLICY PRIORITIES 2022
UDIA’s 2022 National Policy platform is built around six key themes entitled Resilience. Recovery. Reform:
- A Home for Everyone – Strategic incentives for greater supply, development ready land, choice and affordability
- Population for Prosperity – Restart immigration, close the pandemic skills
gap and plan for growth.
- Infrastructure for more Liveable Communities – Overhaul planning, funding and delivery of infrastructure for fit-for-purpose cities, regions and growhousing supply.
- Make Planning Systems Work more Effectively – Incentivise better planning for efficient delivery of cities, regions and housing.
- Streamline Environmental Approvals – Design a single point of contact
system to improve environmental, social and economic outcomes.
- Keep Capacity and Create Efficiency – Keep credit available with smart
lending practices, deliver housing initiatives that balance supply, develop
broad based tax reform.
UDIA National’s policy blueprint is a suite of actionable policies and reforms that will drive economic recovery, boost housing supply and affordability.
Resilience. Recovery. Reform. maps the policy solutions needed to navigate the combination of increased demand, diminishing supply, and pandemic driven material and labour shortages, threatens to stall economic recovery and accelerate the affordability crisis. This means fewer new homes at ever higher prices.
The development industry has the capacity to positively propel the economy whilst simultaneously delivering affordable housing for all Australians. All we need is the adoption of some straightforward, mostly inexpensive policy choices to ensure the supply of new housing across the spectrum keeps pace with demand.