UDIA NATIONAL Announces the Winners of the 2021 Awards for Excellence
In what was arguably one of the most difficult years faced by the industry, the 2021 UDIA National Awards for Excellence winners rose to the challenge and delivered projects that demonstrated the best of innovation, quality and resilience of the industry. Whilst COVID is likely to forever change our approach to housing, the judges noted the focus now being placed on quality design outcomes, reaffirmation of community spirit and the delivery of exceptional place and public realm.
This year there were 63 finalists in fifteen award categories, with the addition of a new category, Design Excellence*.
Winners were drawn from the best of the best in each state, as determined by our judges – highly experienced industry leaders.
“The outstanding entries in each category made the judging task very difficult with judges relying upon the smallest of nuances to separate these extraordinary developments,” said Simon Basheer, UDIA National President.
“I am also delighted to announce the President’s Award for Excellence – The Terraces Paddington, by Presbyterian Aged Care and Cottee Parker Architects. This project represents a benchmark development in seniors’ living, integrating residential aged care and independent living options on a state heritage site within an outstanding resort style setting. I offer them my congratulations on winning this prestigious award,” he said.
The judges commend all the applications and encourage UDIA members to take the time to visit these National and State award winning projects, The Judges are confident that this industry will continue to lead and deliver a quality Australian lifestyle for everyone.
Congratulations to the 2021 Award winners in each of the 15 categories:
• Masterplanned Development – Wentworth Point Marinas Master Plan, by Billbergia
• Medium Density Development – Echelon, by Giorgi
• Small Scale Development – Howard West, by C Street Projects
• Affordable Development – Napier St Social Housing Redevelopment, by Unison Housing
• High Density Development – EI8HT Apartments, by Chasecrown
• Residential Development – Montego Hills, by Villawood Properties
• Urban Renewal – Southpoint, South Bank, by Anthony John Group
• Environmental Excellence – 25 King, Brisbane Showgrounds Urban Regeneration Project, by Lendlease
• Marketing Excellence – Upper House by Aria, Aria Property Group
• Seniors’ Living – The Terraces, Paddington by Presbyterian Aged Care and Cottee Parker Architects.
• Social & Community Infrastructure – Queensland Country Bank Stadium, by Department of Housing & Public Works
• *Design Excellence – EI8HT Apartments, by Chasecrown
• Young Leaders – Nick Clements, Tract Consultants
• Women in Leadership – Belinda Bentley, 9 Springs
• Diversity in Development – Development Victoria